4 Ways to Move Apps To Memory Card
Ways to Move Apps To Memory Card – The application is a supporting feature that has various benefits to support every activity through a smartphone. However, not all smartphones have sufficient internal memory capacity to accommodate all the applications needed. To prevent smartphone performance from being slow, the alternative is to move the application to a memory card. Here are 4 ways to move applications to the memory card:
4 Ways to Move Apps To Memory Card
1. Using the Manual Method
The first way is to use the manual method contained in the smartphone settings menu. The steps are quite easy to do yourself, as follows:
- First, open the settings menu.
- Then select Application Management.
- Then select the application to be moved to the memory card.
- After that, please select the “Storage” option.
- Then click the “Change” button.
- Then a pop-up screen will appear and select the “Move to SD Card” option.
- Finally, please select the “Move” button and wait a while until the transfer process is complete.
Read also : Plagiarism Checker Application
2. Using a Laptop
- The second way that can be used to move applications to the memory card is by using a laptop. Here are the steps to move apps using a laptop:
The first step that must be done is to make sure the equipment to be used such as a laptop and USB cable is available.
- Then don’t forget to activate the Developer Options feature because in the process of moving applications using a laptop it requires USB Debugging.
Next, connect the laptop device to the smartphone device using a USB cable.
- After the laptop and smartphone devices are connected, all you have to do is select the application you want to transfer via the laptop screen by opening the file manager –> application and then moving it to the desired memory card.
- Do this until finished.
3. Using the Transfer App
The third way that can be used to move applications to the memory card is to use the help of a transfer application. There are many transfer applications that can be used such as the AppMgr III application, the App2SD application: All in one Tool and so on. However, in this article, we will use the AppMgr III application as an example. The steps are as follows:
- The first step is to make sure you have downloaded the application first.
- Then open the AppMgr III application on the smartphone.
- After that go to the Moveable menu. In this menu will display applications that can be moved to the memory card.
- Next select the application you want to move.
- Then click the “Move to SD Card” button
- Finally, wait a while until the transfer process is complete.
Read also : How to Pick a Hosting Provider
4. Using the Adoptable Storage Feature
The last way that can be done is by using the Adoptable Storage feature. This feature is an official feature that can convert the smartphone’s external memory function into internal memory. The steps that must be taken to convert external memory into internal memory are as follows:
- First make sure you have prepared a memory card, then insert it into a smartphone device.
- Then click “Setup SD Card” then select “Use as Internal Storage”
- Next, there will be a process of formatting the memory card, encrypting it, then converting it to Expandable Storage.
- During the formatting process, the smartphone will test the memory card speed. In this process, if the memory card lacks support, there will be a notification that there may be problems when using it.
- Finally, when the memory card has been converted to internal memory, there will be a notification to move data from the default internal memory to the memory card that has been converted into internal memory.
So that’s 4 ways to move applications to the memory card as well as a guide to the steps that must be done. These 4 ways are very easy to practice yourself. Hopefully these methods can be useful. Good luck.